Comstock’s magazine, named Best Business Magazine and Best Consumer Web Publication by the Western Publishing Association, seeks a part-time marketing assistant. You will be a valued member of a talented and motivated team of artists, journalists and production experts who not only know how to do great work, but also how to have fun.
This is a unique opportunity for an entry-level employee to become an essential part of the premier business publication for California’s Capital Region, which includes Sacramento and the nine surrounding counties. We offer a fast-paced work environment that demands innovation, teamwork and a keen attention to detail.
This role will support our Marketing Specialist in coordinating print production and digital marketing campaigns.
- Magazine deliveries and tracking inventory
- Website management: sponsored reader-engagement content, digital edition, events postings, and promoting clients and media sponsorship deliverables
- Coordinating insertion orders and facilitating print/web advertisements
- Curating, scheduling and engaging content for social media and email campaigns
- Support the Marketing Specialist in managing multiple projects; communicate with sales, clients and third-party vendors; and drive print and digital strategies targeting B2B/B2C
- Additional responsibilities as assigned (e.g.assisting with office operations, organizing data entry and responding to staff and/or client inquiries)
Qualifications + Requirements:
- Hungry to learn, work independently and with a team
- Attention to detail, strong research and communication skills
- Proficient with computer programs (Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Mac OS/PC) needed to execute job functions
- Experience using CMS WordPress or Dupal, project management tools, CRM software, Mailchimp email marketing, digital marketing analytics and Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Familiar with managing multiple social media platforms on a professional level, tracking online performance metrics (Twitter, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn, Instagram, Hootsuite scheduling tool)
- Keen eye for business community trends in traditional journalism and online social channels
- Web development and creative skills (design, video, writing, photography) a plus
- Experience in AP writing style
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Must have valid CA Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced sales environment and completing projects by production deadlines with minimal supervision
- Preferred one year or more of internship experience or similar office work environment
- Looking for a current college student within six months of graduating or a recent university graduate with bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, graphic design, communications, PR or journalism
Please submit your resume, cover letter and any previous work samples (personal links, files, university projects, etc.) to email@example.com and include “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line. The position is offered at Comstock’s Publishing Inc. office (non-remote) for 20hrs/week, $13.00-$15.00 DOE.